Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe came from the newspaper when we lived in NYC. I've been making it for several years and it's a favorite of my daughter.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut 1/2 in cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, small
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 9 ounces fresh angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion and carrot and saute over med heat until onion is soft, not brown, about 5 minutes. Add some water if it seems dry.
- Add diced chicken to pan and saute just until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Add broccoli, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Stir in milk and warm but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, boil water for pasta and cook according to pkg. directions; drain well. Stir pasta into sauce mix then add cheese.
- Cover pan for 3-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.