1/2 Photos of Angel Hair Pasta With Herbed Chicken
This recipe came from the newspaper when we lived in NYC. I've been making it for several years and it's a favorite of my daughter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut 1/2 in cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, small
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 9 ounces fresh angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion and carrot and saute over med heat until onion is soft, not brown, about 5 minutes. Add some water if it seems dry.
- 2Add diced chicken to pan and saute just until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Add broccoli, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Stir in milk and warm but do not boil.
- 3Meanwhile, boil water for pasta and cook according to pkg. directions; drain well. Stir pasta into sauce mix then add cheese.
- 4Cover pan for 3-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Herbed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 474.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 45.6 g