Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on the food network with Giada De Laurentis. It looked so good I ran up to the store for the ingredients. I did add some shrimp and mushrooms to make it a full meal.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,tail off
- 1 cup chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Put large pot of salted water on to boil for pasta.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add onion, shrimp and mushrooms.
- Saute until shrimp is pink, stirring often.
- Stir in garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add wine and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Stir occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Add some liquid from pasta if too dry.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and parsley.
- Stir into pasta mixture lightly.
- Serve in bowls.
Absolutely fantastic! Super easy. Did all the prep work first which made everything zippy fast. Beautiful presentation. I will definately make for guests. And when I do, I think I'll add some sliced artichokes in there. This was amazing! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe! XO LA :-)