Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cafe Vesuvio, St. Charles, IL. Somewhat time consuming but very elegant and wonderful for entertaining.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (1/2 cup) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tuna steaks (6-8 oz.)
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a heavy skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the next 4 ingredients; saute for about 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add the tomatoes and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a shallow bowl, add flour and garlic powder; stir to combine.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Coat tuna with flour mixture; shake off excess.
- In another large skillet, melt remaining butter and olive oil over high heat.
- Add tuna, sauting for 2 minutes on each side or until opaque on the outside.
- Add the tuna to the sauce (in the other skillet); return to a simmer and simmer about 2 minutes or until tuna is opaque in the center.
- Cook pasta in a big pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- Drain pasta and divide among 4 plates.
- Place tuna over bed of pasta.
- Spoon sauce over tuna and pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.