Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious, helps me to lose weight and not feel hungry.
- 10 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, thinly sliced, plus extra
- fresh basil, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1 lb) package angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and sugar.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- When the sauce is ready, cook the pasta according to the package directions, and drain.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl, and cover with the sauce and cheese.
- Gently toss to mix well.
I love fresh tomato sauce using freshly picked tomatoes, and this recipe was just perfect. The secret is to let it marinate for the full time ( i left it in the fridge all day ) Thanks for posting .