Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a must for pesto lovers!
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil, , stems removed
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh spinach, , stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Arrange the pine nuts on a cookie sheet lined with foil and roast in oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix roasted pine nuts with the next 6 ingredients to form a paste.
- Blend in water to achieve desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- The sauce can be refrigerated in a tightly covered container or frozen before serving, if desired.
- Serve pasta with sauce.
This was good, but the spinach left a grittier feeling in the mouth than a plain basil pesto normally does. Good proportions otherwise. Very cheesy (can you ever have too much parmesan?)