Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This very creamy pasta makes a good side dish. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Garden.
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook the Mushrooms and onion in the butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Gradually stir in milk and chives; heat through.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 side servings.
This was very good and very rich! I served this as a main dish for me with a salad ,and as a side for my husband with minute steaks and green beans.I made this as stated in the recipe but,I thought it could have used some garlic also.Very creamy and smooth sauce,easy to fix,and that makes this a winner for me!
Loved this recipe, i used penne pasta and olice oil in place of the butter, the next time that i made it i added some pesto sauce and parmesan cheese.. Now that makes the tastebuds dance
Boy do I feel guilty eating this delish!I did have to add garlic when I cooked the mushrooms and onions.I did make a meal out of this not a side. With and crisp green salad!