Recipe by Barb G.
This very creamy pasta makes a good side dish. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Garden.
Top Review by Theresa P
This was very good and very rich! I served this as a main dish for me with a salad ,and as a side for my husband with minute steaks and green beans.I made this as stated in the recipe but,I thought it could have used some garlic also.Very creamy and smooth sauce,easy to fix,and that makes this a winner for me!
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook the Mushrooms and onion in the butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Gradually stir in milk and chives; heat through.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 side servings.