Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is extremely decadent and not at all for the diet conscious..but sooo good.
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil asparagus in water for 5 mins, then drain and cool down quickly with cold water.Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces,set aside.
- In a small skillet melt the butter over med heat and add the onions, garlic and pepper flakes, saute for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the cream, parmesan cheese and lemon juice and simmer for 5 mins until sauce thickens slightly. Add the asparagus and black pepper to the sauce. keep warm.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and serve imediately with the asparagus sauce on top.
- Serve with extra parmesan and red pepper flakes.
This was a good, quick dinner. I'll keep it on hand! Thanks!
Debs, Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe. It's such a great combination of flavors, and very easy and simple to prepare. I used Fat Free Half and Half instead of cream and honestly cannot tell it's not heavy cream. I bought it by accident for another dish and now cook with it all the time. I also doubled the garlic. Next time I think I'll add white wine and cook that down before adding the cream, maybe sone roasted red bell peppers, shrimp...Wow, the possibilities are endless. I love recipes like this! ***This was saved in my Top 2008 Recipes Cookbook.
Sounds great! I've made alfredo from a similar recipe but the asparagus makes it something special. Thank you.