Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 310 calories, 3.8 g fat, 19.6 g protien, 47 g carb, 47 mg cholesterol.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta by following the package directions (may omit salt and fat); drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid.
- Add clam liquid to skillet; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add in clams; simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine drained pasta and clam mixture in a serving bowl; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pepper; serve immediately.
This was very easy to make & tasty but I felt like it was missing something. I think I would add 1 or 2 more cans of clams. I also added Old Bay after trying a bite as is to give an honest review. The Old Bay definitely added some oomph. Thanks for sharing.
Yum ! I didn't have Angel hair Pasta so I substituted small Whole Wheat Shell Pasta. The sauce held it's own, on the heartier Pasta. Also tweaked this with just tiny splash of White Wine. This is so easy and healthy !!!
i love this one! i have the same cookbook and have made this several times.