Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, flavorful, and healthy pasta dish that I threw together one night. Served with a green salad and garlic bread, it makes a very nice presentation.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, sliced (or combination of both)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen mixed vegetables, , broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot (, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot)
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp.
- oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add chicken.
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Begin heating water for pasta.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet and add onion and green pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, add chicken broth, basil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to skillet and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Top with chicken and vegetable mixture and serve immediately, with extra parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
Oh this was so good. I made this for supper the other night and we all really enjoyed this. Very easy to make. The vegetables were so colorful and sauteed in a flavorful sauce. A nice healthy dish that looked beautiful too. Thanks Manda.
This was awesome, easy to make, had almost all ingredients in the cabinets. I skipped the peppers because I didnt have one availavble and its too snowy to drive, but I dont think we missed alot, it was really good, me and the kids ate it up, wanting more! smelling it cook was fabulous, made your mouth water while wating on it to finish! Best recipe I have come across thus far!
Really enjoyed this!