Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This chicken, carrot, and broccoli stir-fry is combined with a rich Parmesan cheese sauce and served over angel hair pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, thinly bias-sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet. Add chicken.
- Cook and stir until chicken is cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Preheat remaining oil in same skillet. Add carrot, broccoli, and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; add chicken broth, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.
Yes, it was easy, but flavorless and lackluster are too words that come to mind. The "rich Parmesan cheese sauce" was so scant and so thin that it might as well have been nonexistent. I will not make this again. One positive though, my son are the carrots and the peas which I used in place of broccoli since my husband hates it.
My mom used to make this all the time. It is extremely easy to make.