Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken. Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet.
- Add carrot to skillet; cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add broccoli and garlic to skillet and stir for 2 minutes more.
- While pasta is cooking, add chicken broth, basil and parmesan to skillet.
- Stir to combine.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Place in a large serving bowl.
- Top with chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe ... just as a suggestion, I would cut the chicken into smaller pieces .. maybe 1/2 inch to make sure they were completely cooked, and some sliced olives would be a nice addition to the dish.
I have had this recipe on one of those recipe cards you get in the mail for years! It is something I like to make quite often, but not often enough to remember it by heart I guess!! I was ready to make it again, but couldn't find the recipe so I came searching and here it is! Thank you so much for posting! The flavors of this dish are light and delightful! Yum!!!!!
This was good!! Simple and quick to make and with very good flavors. I realized at the last moment that I was out of broccoli, so used the optional variation of peas. My kids loved it, too! Thanks!!