Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This is nothing fancy, but it is quick, easy, and delicious, and with items usually on my cupboard shelf and in my freezer. This recipe is a great way to get dinner on the table - Pronto! The real bonus of this quick-prep meal: The pasta cooks right in the sauce...only one pan to clean (I love it!!!). This is definitely one of my favorite (and, least expensive) weeknight suppers.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups small frozen broccoli florets, thawed (or, use fresh. About 1/2 pound)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams over a medium-size skillet; reserve clams. Add bottled clam juice, water, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Bring to boiling. Add broccoli; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add pasta and olive oil; cook 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir clams into skillet. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir mixture. Serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.