Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is nothing fancy, but it is quick, easy, and delicious, and with items usually on my cupboard shelf and in my freezer. This recipe is a great way to get dinner on the table - Pronto! The real bonus of this quick-prep meal: The pasta cooks right in the sauce...only one pan to clean (I love it!!!). This is definitely one of my favorite (and, least expensive) weeknight suppers.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups small frozen broccoli florets, thawed (or, use fresh. About 1/2 pound)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Drain clams over a medium-size skillet; reserve clams. Add bottled clam juice, water, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Bring to boiling. Add broccoli; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add pasta and olive oil; cook 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir clams into skillet. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir mixture. Serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.