Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Fresh basil and garlic bring out the Italian flavors in this simple quick-cooking dish. This makes 3 1-cup servings. Recipe is from Land O Lakes. Your favorite pasta can be substituted for the angel hair.
- 4 ounces uncooked dried angel hair pasta (capellini, broken in half)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons light butter, with canola oil
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray; add garlic.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and basil.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- Toss together hot pasta, tomato mixture and light butter in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
This was almost tasteless. If I made it again I would use chopped Italian stewed tomatoes to add some zing.
This was yummy. I actually added about 3/4 cup of cream and that made it super good.
Light, tasty and simple!