Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
Delicious and relatively healthy & light pasta dish. This is modified from "The Low Fat Good Food Cookbook," which in turn modified from a restaurant, Villa Romano, in Nashville, TN. I have added grilled chicken to it - to make it into a main course, but you can try it without or with some other sort of meat...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot (2 smaller ones)
- 5 large roma tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (you may substitute 4 teaspoons dried basil)
- 4 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled, baked, etc...just cooked
- Sauté garlic and shallot in oil over medium heat until garlic golden and shallot wilted.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add pasta, water, and chicken to sauce, stir gently in to coat.
- Move to serving platter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve.
Needed to use up some tomatoes and basil real fast so the sauce is cooked and later will do the pasta with shrimp to add. I know it will be great