Recipe by larchie
Delicious and relatively healthy & light pasta dish. This is modified from "The Low Fat Good Food Cookbook," which in turn modified from a restaurant, Villa Romano, in Nashville, TN. I have added grilled chicken to it - to make it into a main course, but you can try it without or with some other sort of meat...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot (2 smaller ones)
- 5 large roma tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (you may substitute 4 teaspoons dried basil)
- 4 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled, baked, etc...just cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic and shallot in oil over medium heat until garlic golden and shallot wilted.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add pasta, water, and chicken to sauce, stir gently in to coat.
- Move to serving platter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve.