Delicious and relatively healthy & light pasta dish. This is modified from "The Low Fat Good Food Cookbook," which in turn modified from a restaurant, Villa Romano, in Nashville, TN. I have added grilled chicken to it - to make it into a main course, but you can try it without or with some other sort of meat...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot (2 smaller ones)
- 5 large roma tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (you may substitute 4 teaspoons dried basil)
- 4 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled, baked, etc...just cooked
- 1Sauté garlic and shallot in oil over medium heat until garlic golden and shallot wilted.
- 2Add tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- 3Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- 4Add pasta, water, and chicken to sauce, stir gently in to coat.
- 5Move to serving platter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Basil-Tomato Sauce (And Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 246.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 41.8 g