Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comforting recipes goes together in just minutes. Taken from Betty Crocker's Quick & Easy cookbook.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3⁄4 large avocado, cubed
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender but not brown; remove from heat.
- Stir basil, avocado and tomatoes into garlic in saucepan.
- Toss vegetable mixture and pastas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This was Awesome! I had excess tomatoes and basil and green onions from the garden, and 1 huge avocado--and this put it all together. I added a good dose of grated Italian blend cheese and a good squeeze of lemon--just the perfect touch.