Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is quick. You may also substitute chicken breast cubes for the fish. Either way, it is delicious. You can also use canned broth. Edamame is soy beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (16 -20 ounce) thick cod fish fillets or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms or 1 cup canned mushroom, stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons sysco chicken base
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons nakano rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kikkomen soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos (optional)
- 2 cups frozen edamame, rinsed with warm water (soy beans)
- 1Heat a stockpot with water and cook pasta as directed.
- 2Note: Rub some olive oil on the inside edge of the pot towards the top and the pasta will never boil over the top.
- 3While pasta is cooking, cut fish or chicken in 1 inch cubes.
- 4Beat eggs and water together. Pour in a flat bottom dish.
- 5Mix paprika with flour.Pour in flat bottom dish.
- 6Dip the fish or chicken in the egg mixture, then in seasoned flour.
- 7Heat the olive oil in large frying pan, saute the fish or chicken until brown on all sides. Place on paper towels. About 5 minutes.
- 8While pasta and fish or chicken are cooking, mix hot water chicken base or chicken broth,garlic,rice vinegar, soy sauce together. Put in a microwave steamer dish or microwave dish with cover.
- 9Add mushrooms and edamame; stir.
- 10Cook 70% power for 10 minutes; set aside.
- 11Do not uncover.
- 12Drain Pasta. Keep warm with towel.
- 13To Serve: Place pasta in large serving pasta dish around the edge. Put fried fish chunks or chicken chunks in the middle and the steamed sauce veggies over the fish or chicken. Sprinkle pimento slices on top if desired. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Asian Style Cod & Edamame
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: