Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the Kraft foods website. It was to die for! I followed the recipe but I added extra artichoke hearts, an 8oz. container of mushrooms, 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped and a couple tablespoons of capers all tossed in with the red peppers to saute together in the oil. AWESOME!
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade.
- Chop artichokes and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet; add peppers and garlic.
- Cook until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add artichokes, the reserved artichoke marinade and the mustard; stir until well blended.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add artichoke mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
I never would have thought to put Dijon or any mustard on pasta. This combination is really tasty. I only had yellow and green peppers. Quick an easy. I started the pasta and then the rest. They were done together.
This is really a great side dish, we had it with poached salmon tonight. Made almost exactly the way you stated in your description, but while at the market looked at the asparagus more than once thinking " gee I know there is a reason I should be getting that " then walked out of there without it...darn it anyway. Still turned out mighty tasty and the guests enjoyed it tremendously. Thank You for sharing this recipe.