Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was searching for recipes made for 2 and found this one!
- 8 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 6 stalks asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup peeled seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup slice shiitake mushroom caps (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat a 9-inch skillet over high heat 1 minute; spray with vegetable spray and add olive oil and shrimp, garlic and shallots; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients; stir in wine, scraping bottom of skillet to loosen any particles, if necessary.
- Add pasta, basil, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
- (you can drizzle extra virgin olive oil on finished dish if desired).
My husband and I made this last night and LOVED it. I'm a health fanatic and he's starting to convert. We used PLUS angel hair pasta which is incredible for you, added more shrimp and used 1/4 tblsp of dried basil, oregano, thyme and parsley to substitute. It was delicious! We're making it for our parents over Thanksgiving =)
My family thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. We used baby bellas for the mushrooms, and actually, I forgot to add the tomatoes, but it was splendid, anyway. Kudos for this one, Katie!!