Recipe by Jackie Simons
This is a very unique salad with a lot of flavor. Always a favorite at gatherings!!!
Top Review by newspapergal
Good, and a great way to use up leftover pasta (which I did - whole-wheat angel hair). I did make a few changes - I left out the black olives; I used red onion instead of white; used olive oil; and I halved the mayo b/c I didn't want that taste to be strong. This was great for a light lunch with a leftover chicken breast. :)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 4 tablespoons salad oil (vegetable oil)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!!!)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento (2 ounce jar)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop/dice all vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients for the dressing in with the vegetables.
- Boil angel hair pasta and drain very well.
- Mix pasta in with vegetables and dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.