Recipe by Mirj
This is a very simple salad to make that tastes impressive.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Very tasty salad! I served this as a one-dish meal for my husband and me. I didn't have angel hair so I used spaghetti, nor did I have enough almonds so I threw in a handful of pinenuts. I also used red pepper flakes instead of white pepper and I added soy sauce and sesame oil to give it more of an Asian flair. So I discovered this is a very versatile dish with flexible ingredients! I might add mandarin oranges next time...
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add almonds and sesame seeds.
- Sauté until slightly brown, set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and white pepper in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake.
- Set aside.
- Combine cabbage, scallions, water chestnuts and pasta in a large bowl.
- Toss in nut mixture.
- Toss with dressing before serving.