Recipe by Manami
An easy and quick lunch or dinner dish. Cooking Light, September/04
Top Review by LuckyMe
I was going to post this recipe so I would know where to find it and then found it on here already. This was really delicious and healthy too. I just used baby spinach and didn't bother chopping. The kids didn't enjoy it as much as DH and I did... but do they ever? Thanks for posting it is a great recipe.Update: I used an already prepared roasted chicken this time and it made prep a breeze.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped vidalia onions or 1 1⁄2 cups other sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 2 slices)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups cooked warm angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese, & more serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add water, crushed red pepper & spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Stir in tomato, chicken, bacon, and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.