Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper
- 1 large sweet orange bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Halve red, yellow and orange peppers; remove stems and seeds.
- Place, cut side down, on greased baking sheet; broil until blistered and charred.
- Transfer to large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel off skins; set 1 red pepper per half aside.
- Cut remaining peppers into thin strips.
- Set aside.
- In food processor, puree together reserved red pepper half, basil, oil, garlic and salt until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender but firm; drain and return to pot.
- Add peppers and basil mixture; toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
So very good! I had chosen this recipe for the "Healthy ABC Game", but for some reason had delayed making it forever. - Stupid, because it is easy and simply good. I will certainly make this again. Only thing I made differently was using a green instead of an orange bell pepper and roasting them a little too long, so they were a little mushy. - Did I say this was good? :)