Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely fresh and light pasta dish.Perfect for hot summer evenings with a glass of your'e favourite glass of chilled white wine.
- 20 asparagus spears
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 min, drain and cool.Slice diagonally and put to one side.
- Blend the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the chicken broth in a small bowl.
- Put the remaining broth in a saucepan and bring to the boil.Whisk in the cornstarch mix and cook until thickened, stirring constantly and set aside.
- In a large saucepan saute the garlic in olive oil. Add the proscuitto, tomatoes, basil, parsley, dill, pepper and the asparagus. Saute for 30 seconds and then stir in the thickened chicken broth. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve over cooked Angel Hair pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.