Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is simple and tastes so good. It comes from the California Olive Industry.
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄3 lb green beans
- 1⁄3 lb snow peas
- 1⁄3 lb asparagus (or any combination equaling 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved california ripe olives
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up pasta coils a bit then cook in boiling water as package directs, about 7 minutes.
- Cut beans and snow peas into julienne strips and asparagus diagonally into 1-inch lengths. Drop beans and asparagus into boiling water, cook 1 minute then drain and run under cold water. (Snow peas are not cooked).
- Combine pasta, chicken, vegetables and olives in salad bowl.
- For dressing, heat olive oil in small skillet, add pine nuts and toast 2 minutes or until light golden. Remove from heat then add garlic, pepper flakes, vinegar and salt (quickly placing lid over to prevent splattering). Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.