Recipe by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This is delicious and one of my easy and fast recipes that I found on a pasta box! I added my touches and mangia mangia!!!
Top Review by Shuzbud
This was really easy and good comfort food! I found the sauce a bit tart so added 1/2 tsp of sweetener. I sprinkled parmesan over the top which finished it off nicely! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 30 black olives, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive juice
- fresh parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Directions -
- Cook 1 (13.25 Oz. Pkg.) Angel Hair Pasta according to package directions and drain. About 5 minutes and make sure your water is boiling with a touch of salt and some olive oil so it doesn't stick. And rinse pasta immediately with cool water so it doesn't continue cooking!
- In a medium saucepot, heat Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Garlic (and liquid), Olives and Olive Liquid,and crushed Red Pepper to taste over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot; season with Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Place Pasta in a large serving bowl; add Tomato mixture and 1/4 Cup coarsely chopped fresh Parsley. Toss together with tongs and serve immediately garnished with shredded Parmesan Cheese, if desired.
- Please NOTE -
- I prefer freshly grated Asiago or a nice blend of Romano and Parmesan. Not Kraft -- And freshly ground black pepper large flakes!
- Also I use one clove garlic, crushed and my own canned tomatoes and fresh basil. The amount of basil is subjective, as I like a lot! :).