Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy to prepare. This simple sauce is delicious reheated. Keep a couple of servings in the freezer. This recipe is ready in just half an hour.
- 8 -12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté garlic in oil until lightly browned. Stir in the flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, pepper and basil until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; whisk in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Add ham if desired; heat through. Drain pasta; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
- Country Woman.
This is by far the best alfredo recipe I've yet made or tasted! I'm slightly confused about what Step 3 is supposed to be (Country Woman...?), but I ignored that and it clearly turned out great. I used tri-colored "salad twirls" (that's all the package I used said, and I'm drawing a blank on its Italian name) in place of Angel Hair the second time I made it, and it was awesome. It's definitely worth a try. I noticed it doesn't make too much alfredo sauce--that's just my opinion, of course--but I added ingredients to my taste (and a little extra garlic and spices!) until I had around two or more times as much sauce as the recipe is supposed to make. It's not THE quickest recipe, but I take my time making it when I have the chance, so I'm sure it could also be made in a pinch. One more thing--it's very easy to make! I'm 13 and it was incredibly fun and simple to cook, and everyone I made it for loved it (including two totally picky pasta-eaters). I love this recipe, and it's definitely worth a try--trust me, even though I'm young, it's awesome!