Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this quick and easy dessert recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- 2 cups blueberries or 2 cups raspberries or 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Slice angel food cake into thirds horizontally.
- If desired, tint the topping pink with a few drops of food coloring.
- Spread each cake layer with topping and 1 cup fruit (well drained, if frozen).
- Reassemble layers and spread remaining topping over entire cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This is good. I didn't use the red food color and used frozen strawberries in sugar. No matter what time of year, strawberry shortcake is well received and loved. made for Newest Tag 2008