24 hrs 45 mins
Strawberry ice cream makes a frosty filling for this angel food cake. Starting with a cake mix makes this an easy recipe. From Recipe.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions using the 1 1/4 cups water. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Gently cut through batter to remove any large air pockets.
- 2Bake according to package directions. Immediately invert cake; cool thoroughly in pan. Loosen sides of cake from pan; remove cake.
- 3With a serrated knife, carefully split the cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place the bottom layer and middle layers on freezer-safe platters; spread each layer with 2 cups softened ice cream. Freeze layers for 30 to 60 minutes or until ice cream is firm.
- 4Place the middle layer, ice cream side up, on top of the bottom layer. Top with the remaining cake layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 to 24 hours.
- 5To serve, in chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 6Remove cake from freezer. Spread top and sides of frozen cake with whipped cream. Garnish with fresh strawberries. Serve immediately.
- 8Chocolate Angel Food Ice Cream Cake: Prepare as above, except add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to cake mix. Substitute peppermint ice cream for strawberry ice cream. Spread 1/4 cup fudge ice cream topping on the top of each of the ice cream layers. Substitute 2 to 3 tablespoons coarsely crushed peppermint candies for fresh strawberries.
- 10Orange Angel Food Sherbet Cake: Prepare as above, except substitute 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate for the 1/4 cup of the water and add 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel to cake mix. Substitute orange, lime, lemon, or rainbow sherbet for the strawberry ice cream. Garnish with orange, lemon, or lime peel strips instead of strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Food Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g