Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple, very light cake recipe that I found online when I needed something fast to bring to a bbq. I sprinkled shredded unsweetened coconut on top before cooking which was nice and toasty when it came out of the oven. I served it with strawberries and Cool Whip. Fantastic recipe when you need to whip up something simple in a hurry.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (including liquid)
- 1 (8 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix can of pineapple with box of angel food cake. Blend with hand blender on low for one minute. Pour into pan. Sprinkle coconut evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Serve with non-fat Cool Whip and fresh fruit.
I made this with much trepidation because it just doesn't seem to have enough items. Made in about 2 minutes following the directions given. When I took it out of the oven, I let it sit for about 30 minutes. It was great plain and equally good the next with stawberries and Cool Whip. LOVE IT!!!!