Recipe by AngelaTN
Light and refreshing! A nice dessert for the summertime. (Preparation time does not include cooling.)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Free
- 3 egg whites (cold)
- coconut flakes
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pineapple, lemon, sugar and salt in pan over medium-hi heat.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir continuously until thickened.
- Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites in cold bowl until very stiff; fold into cooled pineapple mixture.
- Place in pre-baked pie shell, and cover with cool whip.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Keep chilled.