Recipe by Darlene10
This is a dessert that looks good and tastes great. It is not a heavy dessert. I got this out of a magazine about 30 years ago.
Top Review by Merlot
I took this to a pot-luck dinner and received rave reviews. (I cheated by using a store-bought angel food cake). Otherwise, I followed your directions and it was wonderful! Everyone loved the coffee flavored frosting. I dissolved the instant coffee in the hot water first before mixing it with the marshmallow cream. Thanks AGAIN, Darlene for sharing ANOTHER one of your great recipes. :-)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons shaved semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- I recommend baking the cake the day before as it is easier to cut.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and combine with the marshmallow cream and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until blended and then beat at high speed until fluffy.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture.
- Split cake into 3 layers.
- Frost each layer with filling and sprinkle top with chocolate and almonds.