Recipe by Dienia B.
old recipe from mother kossman its a jello filling with /for angel food cake since donald was in his 90's ,this is a really old recipe , it makes a ton of sauce so you could cut sauce in half
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 pint milk or 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 pint whipping cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the milk sugar eggs and cornstarch 5 minutes in a double boiler
- mix the jello with the boiling water
- add the custard mixture
- over the jello
- stir until the jello is dissolved
- add the crushed pineapple
- let all get quite stiff
- add 1 pint whipping cream
- measure before whipping
- make a big angel food cake in loaf pan (i buy a big angel food in store ).
- after its cut in two the length wise put the filling in between and on top.