Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a magazine, I believe it was "Quick & Easy" while waiting for an appointment. Unfortunately, I do not remember what they called it so I have just called it Angel Food Delight. It sounded too easy to be true but it was wonderful. The original recipe said to chill for an hour but I found it took longer for the flavors to merge. I liked the adaptability of using different toppings. The recipe called for 2 cans of Pie Filling but I found 1 to be sufficient. However, use your own judgement. While the flavor is rich, it is not a heavy dessert and everyone has loved it.
- Blend powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Cut Angel Food cake into 1 inch cubes.
- Fold whipping cream and cake cubes into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pat the entire mix into a 9x12 pan, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cut into portions and spoon pie filling on top of each portion.
I made this last night. WOW, tastes just like a "refrigerator type" cheesecake. I will make this again. I used the new "French Vanilla" cool-whip, and I did use fat-free cream cheese. I also used Lite-cherry pie filling. Even with changing the some items to the lower calorie type, it tasted 100% full of flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This recipe rocks! My husband can't get enough of this stuff. Thank you Iris, you are a Godess!
Nice easy dessert. I used cherry pie filling and you are right - one can was plenty. Thanks for posting!