Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I found this recipe in a very old cookbook.I was looking for one just like this,with a bit,but not too much,cocoa flovor. Thi is perfect! Very low fat and guilt free! I do hope you are pleased with the results! 8)
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift the 3/4 cup flour& 1/2 cup sugar,twice.
- Beat the egg whites& salt,until foamy.
- Sprinkle the cream of tartar,beating until mixture is stiff,but not dry.
- Gradually,add in the 3/4 cup of sugar,then vanilla& almond extracts.
- Add in sifted ingredients,little at a time,carefully.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Sift together 2 TB cake flour+ 2 TB sugar,adding this to one half of batter.
- Sift the 3 TB cocoa+ 2 TB sugar,adding this to the other batter.
- In a ungreased 9 inch tube pan,alternatly add spoonfuls of both batters.
- Bake in alow oven for about a hour.
- Remove cake when cooled.