Recipe by Kimke
This frosting adds so much to a plain Angel Food Cake. I have had good luck with both purchased cakes, cakes from mixes, or cake from scratch (really too much work when the mix is just as good). You could also use this on other cakes but is perfect with the lightness of Angel Food.
Top Review by Bev
This is a very delicious topping for angelfood cake! It almost tastes like a very creamy chocolate ice cream! Make sure to serve this immediately or to put the cake in the refridgerator after the frosting is put on the cake! I added just a tad more powdered sugar to stiffen up the icing, othewise I prepared exactly as Kimke describes. I will serve this cake with fresh strawberries. Thank you, Kimke!
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml milk
- 0.25 ml cream of tartar
- 473.18 ml chilled whipping cream
- 1 prepared angel food cake (either purchased premade or baked by YOU!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except cake) on high with mixer until light and fluffy (5-10 minutes) Ice cake with frosting; You can cut the cake into 2 layers and also put frosting in middle.
- Especially good to put some toffee candy on top of the frosting in the center of the cake also.