- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cherries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup apple brandy (recommended -- Apple Jack brand)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 4 slices store-bought angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cherries, raisins, apple brandy, butter, sugar, and spices in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook until butter is melted and sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Put the angel food cake slices on 4 plates, and top each with a scoop of cherry sauce and a dallop of sour cream.