Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the box my new bundt pan came in.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 12 egg whites, room temperature (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberry
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Sift flour with 3/4 cups sugar 3 times; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1 cup sugar, sprinkling 1/4 mixture at a time, beating well after each addition until soft peaks form when beater is withdrawn.
- With a large rubber scraper gently fold in vanilla.
- Gently fold in 1/4 of flour mixture at a time over egg whites with an over and under motion after each addition. Fold additional 10 strokes after last addition until flour is well blended.
- Gently transfer batter to ungreased pan. With a spatula or knife, cut through batter gently.
- Bake on lower rack for 55-60 minutes or until top is browned and cake tester comes out clean.
- Invert pan on counter to cool cake thoroughly (about 2 hours). Loosen cake with spatula from pan; remove from pan.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.