Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful, light tasting dessert for the summer. The recipe comes from an old magazine. Cook time does not include the time it takes to bake the angel food cake.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cartonsplain fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free, thawed
- strawberries or raspberries or blueberries
- Prepare and bake cake mix in a 10 inch tube pan according to package directions. Cool cake completely according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and 1/4 of the pudding mix until smooth. Gradually add remaining pudding mix to yogurt, stirring until smooth after each addition. Fold in whipped topping.
- Serve lemon cream and berries over cake.
Great Recipe, Great Taste, Super Easy Last week I had an unexpected dinner invitation and carried this for dessert. We were not sure how many guests would show up, so in a pretty footed glass bowl, I layered store bought angel food cake ( I had frozen in my freezer ) then the cream and then another layer of cake cubes with the cream on top. We topped each serving with thawed mixed berries ( Which I had in the freezer ) on top. Since a trip to the store can mean more than 100 miles round trip,I will make sure I have all the ingredients to make this wonderful dessert on hand, just in case another unexpected dinner invitation comes along.
This was really good! I used a prepared angel food cake; and mixed the yogurt with cheesecake flavored pudding mix. Made my own whipped cream for it and fresh raspberries. I cut the cake up in one inch pieces and layered it in a trifle bowl - two layers; with the extra whipped cream on top. Made it for Easter dinner and it was gobbled up! This is a very versatile recipe - Thanks for posting!
Hi Luvs2cook, I made this recipe yesterday for my domino group and we all loved it. What a hit. I didn't have any lemon yogurt so I used plain sweetened with splenda and I also sweetened my strawberries with splenda. I am a diabetic and this recipe wasn't to sweet just right. Its a keeper. Thanks for posting it. Be well...nanniejo