Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I plan to make this for my dd's bridal shower. Looks fast and easy yet impressive! Low fat and low cal too! The fruit can be changed up to whatever is in season or colors that you want to use. You can even make this ahead of time and then just slice and plate when needed, Adapted from a recipe found on realsimple.com.
- 1 angel food cake, store-bought
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly, cooking until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Slice cake and plate it on individual plates. Top with strawberries.
- Stir the zest into the cooled syrup and drizzle over the fruit and cake.