Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I plan to make this for my dd's bridal shower. Looks fast and easy yet impressive! Low fat and low cal too! The fruit can be changed up to whatever is in season or colors that you want to use. You can even make this ahead of time and then just slice and plate when needed, Adapted from a recipe found on realsimple.com.
- 1 angel food cake, store-bought
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly, cooking until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Slice cake and plate it on individual plates. Top with strawberries.
- Stir the zest into the cooled syrup and drizzle over the fruit and cake.
Easy and delicious. I could have doubled the drizzle. It makes the cake. Next time I am going to get some fresh mints to garnish. Thank you.
5 star, 5 stars, 5 stars!!!!! Oh, my, this drizzle is the shizzle! Thank you so much. You just took my strawberry shortcake to a new and amazing level!!!
Mama this was soo good, it was very quick and easy to put together. I made my own angel food cake and used key lime juice and zest in the syrup. This dessert was absolutely incredible. The sponge cake soaked up the lime syrup and melted in your mouth. The syrup ehanced the sweet strawberries. I ate the last of the cake with the rest of the syrup, it was excellant that way also. Thanks so much for sharing. This goes into my keeper box.