Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy! Originally from Giada De Laurentis, have tweaked it a bit.
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) purchased angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- almonds, toasted and chopped (garnish)
- Stir the water and espresso powder in a large bowl to blend.
- Stir in the mascarpone.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream in another large bowl, while slowly adding powdered sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold 1/4 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten.
- Then fold the remining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Cut the angel food cake into 16(1" thick) wedges.
- Reserve any remaining cake for another use.
- Brush 1 side of each wedge of cake with the liqueur.
- Arrange 2 wedges of cake on each plate.
- Dollop the espresso cream atop each wedge of cake.
- Dust with cocoa powder and nuts and serve.