Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
365 Great 20 Minute Recipes Serves 10
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lb angel food cake
- In a food processor, pulse 1 pint strawberries to coarse puree. Pour into a large bowl. Slice remaining strawberries and add to bowl along with ½ of the blueberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining blueberries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves and becomes syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour blueberry sauce into bowl with strawberries. Stir in amaretto and almond extract. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- To serve cut cake into slices and spoon berry sauce over top.