Recipe by MirandaLee
This cake looks delicious & tastes the same.
Top Review by Cooks on Holidays
This is a great cake. I've been making it since the 70's - always with rave reviews. It's super easy (can use ready made angel food cake, if you're short of time) and looks fancy and special. Hint - the recipe makes more frosting/filling than you really need. It tastes light and is always a hit.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, cut-up
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, shaved
- 1 angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Angel Food Cake by cutting a 1 inch slice off the top.
- Remove the center, leaving walls around a cavity.
- Whip cream.
- Combine sugar, salt and cocoa.
- While beating the cream sprinkle in the cocoa mixture..
- Whip until stiff.
- Fold in cut-up almonds.
- Fill cavity.
- Replace top of cake and spread rest of cream mixture on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup shaved toasted almonds.
- Chill 3 hrs. or more before serving.