1/23 Photos of Angel Food Cake - Homemade
Charlotte J's Note:
This is a MUST if you have never tried a homemade Angel Food Cake. I never liked Angel Food Cakes until the neighbor lady invited me over for coffee shortly after I was married. That was almost 15 years ago, and my children and husband always ask for this for special occasions. Thank you Artie, for being a wonderful friend and for the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: For those not use to making angel food cakes Don't get any yoke in the whites, if you do throw out and start over. I always separate the egg in a glass first. Then if no yoke pour into measuring container.
- 2DO NOT GREASE PAN.
- 3I always use a two piece angelfood cake pan.
- 4Heat oven to 375°.
- 5Sift the cake flour and 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar; set aside.
- 6Combine the extracts in a small bowl; set aside.
- 7Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until it forms peaks.
- 8Add the other 3/4 cup of sugar slowly, then beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- 9If you have a mixing guard for your mixer bowl now would be a good time to attach it.
- 10Beating on LOW, add flour mixture and extracts slowly.
- 11Make sure you fold in the sides and bottom of your mixing bowl.
- 12(You can fold in flour mixture by hand but this way is faster.) Spoon into an angel food cake pan.
- 13Move a knife through batter to remove air pockets.
- 14Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- 15Invert pan onto a tin funnel to cool completely.
- 16To remove the cake from your pan run a knife around the rim of the cake pan just to get the 'crust' away from the pan.
- 17Then firmly spank the sides of your pan.
- 18You could use a knife but this sometime tears the sides of the cake.
- 19Invert onto your serve plate then take the knife to the now top which was the bottom of your pan and gently cut cake away from the pan insert.
- 20No need to cut around the center tube as you just give the cake a gently but firm tap or downward shake on to the plate.
- 21Or you can pick up plate while holding onto the pan insert with your thumbs and firmly strike the bottom of the plate onto a folded towel. (Just give it a slam down on the towel/table).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Food Cake - Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g