Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A new and delicious way to enjoy angel food cake.
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 1⁄3 ounce strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- strawberry, sliced
- Slice cake into 2 inch slices; arrange slices in an ungreased 13x9x2 dish.
- With a meat fork, poke holes about 2 inches apart into cake.
- Prepare Jello; slowly pour gelatin over cake; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Whisk in extract; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.
- Fold in whipped topping; spread over cake.
- Garnish with Strawberries and almonds (optional).
- Cover and Refridgerate until ready to serve.
DH liked this recipe better than I did. There was way too much whipped topping for my taste. I couldn't taste any of the vanilla pudding. I think if I make this again I'll use one container of the whipped topping and 3 oz package of the vanilla pudding mix and see how that turns out. DH liked it a lot and has almost eaten the whole think in just two days. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013