Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I wish I could remember where I got all these recipes from, they're stored in the little index card box I use in my kitchen. ... oh well.. lol.. they're still yummy!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg whites (about 12)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Mix flour and powdered sugar.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar on high speed, 2 tablespoons at a time, adding vanilla, almond extract and salt with the last addition of sugar; continue beating until meringue holds stiff peaks. Do not underbeat.
- Sprinkle flour-sugar mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over meringue, folding in gently just until mixture disappears.
- Spread in ungreased tube pan, 10 × 4 inches. Gently cut through batter with spatula.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cracks feel dry and top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately invert pan onto heatproof funnel; let hang until cake is completely cool.
darlene makes this with out almond or cherry extracts very good recipe check you put vanilla instead od almond in recipe also cooks at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes