Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wish I could remember where I got all these recipes from, they're stored in the little index card box I use in my kitchen. ... oh well.. lol.. they're still yummy!
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Mix flour and powdered sugar.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar on high speed, 2 tablespoons at a time, adding vanilla, almond extract and salt with the last addition of sugar; continue beating until meringue holds stiff peaks. Do not underbeat.
- Sprinkle flour-sugar mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over meringue, folding in gently just until mixture disappears.
- Spread in ungreased tube pan, 10 × 4 inches. Gently cut through batter with spatula.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cracks feel dry and top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately invert pan onto heatproof funnel; let hang until cake is completely cool.