Recipe by Kikimony
Homemade Angel Food Cake....better than the store bought!
Top Review by LAURIE
Steph, great cake, loved the almond and I did add 2 tsp. Used the leftover yolks in a breakfast casserole. The cake is great plain, but I did make a lemony glaze for it. Super! Next time I will try a chocolate one.
- 12 egg whites (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites by hand; add salt and beat again.
- Add tartar and beat with mixer until stiff.
- Fold in sifted flour and sugar (sifted together).
- Add almond extract, mix, and bake for 1 hour at 225 (in an Angel pan UNGREASED).
- Place upside- down to cool.